In times when new technologies and infinite forms of entertainment are available for children, many are asking how to arouse interest in children in reading.
After all, even with all the technical evolution, reading remains a source of great gratification. Whoever develops this habit in childhood will have many benefits in the future in the way of relating, making themselves understood, and developing their reasoning and their creativity. To immerse yourself in a good book is to free your imagination and discover real and imaginary worlds without leaving your seat.
The magical doors of this universe are not difficult to be open. All the child needs is to be instigated and encouraged. So, it is worth taking a look at these tips to make your child perceive contact with books as a rewarding experience for a lifetime:
- Read to your child – in addition to encouraging the habit of reading and reinforcing communication, reading to your child will make you have a good time together;
- Choose the first books carefully – to attract and keep children’s attention, they must have little text, preferably in large letters, and a large number of illustrations;
- Take the child to libraries, bookstores, and book fairs – visiting these places motivates the child to establish a good relationship with books, which will be maintained throughout his life;
- Encourage your child to set up a library – this way he will establish a link with the books and will be able to share them with his friends, increasing the stimulus of reading between them;
- Help the child to accumulate reading experiences – if he or she likes a movie or cartoon, give him the book he is inspired by;
- Be an example – children of reading parents will certainly inherit this excellent habit.